
Some people may think this is a weird entry, but let me explain.....last weekend, my grandmother passed away. She was 94 years old and lived a wonderful life. So, all the cousins traveled to small town Kansas to remember her. She had expressed that her time had come and she was not scared, but ready to go. I love that. She had peace within her and she knew that she was going to Heaven.

So, all the grandkids spoke at her service and we all shared some memories that we had of her. It was really a feeling of celebration that she is with God now and is no longer in pain.

Although the boys did not attend the service, Jackson wanted to go to the burial ceremony with us. We felt that he was mature enough and he was. He sat solemnly and clasped his hands together to pray. It was very sweet and it opened up some good conversation and I expect more questions to come.

I love my family and I love my cousins. We have all become friends as adults and we all have young kids (4 of the little kids weren't there)so it makes get togethers crazy and loud, but so much fun. My grandma would be happy :)
2 comments:
It was a great tribute to a great lady. Having your kids, grandkids and great grandkids all together and loving each other is the best legacy and very difficult to do.
She sounds like an amazing lady! I know you will miss her, but rejoice that you will see her in heaven (and I'll get to meet her one day, too!).
Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I LOVED reading about your family and seeing your handsome boys. And...don't you just love the "Flip" video? I love mine - we have 2. It is so easy.
Hugs!
Post a Comment