Sunday, December 06, 2009

'Tis the BIRTHDAY Season!!!

From Dec. 5 to Jan. 10th, our family has 3 kids birthdays, Christmas, and New Year's.....do you know how CARZY that is? Well, we kicked off our party season with our sweet Drew turning 6! His birthday morning started off with his first basketball game at 8 a.m.!!!
Then, off to the Lego education center in Southlake to start the party! Garrett and Peyton were the first party guests...Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, and Papa were there too!
In the party roon, in front of a lego giraffe.
Drew was the King and he had to "knight" all his friends before they entered the party room.
Here he is "knighting" Jackson. I was just happy that he didn't knight his head with his sword. It would have been a great excuse :)
All the boys had to build lego weapons to slay the dragons. Here they are after they had captured them and build a trap for them.
Look at this cute king.
I had to get a picture of the cake. If you can't tell, they are 2 big legos. I made rectangular cakes and then cut cupcakes in half and put them on the top. I was pleased with how it turned out.
At the end of the party, the boys got to pick bricks from the lego wall. This took careful deliberation to pick just the right ones.
Finally, Drew gets to do his favorite thing.....build legos! He's building a big city right now. He will spend hours out there working and working. It's really the only time he is quiet!
Drew always keeps us laughing and has great thoughts and questions. He is always thinking of others and loves deeply. He wears his feelings on his sleeve and is the best cuddler. What a blessing he is to our family!

2 comments:

Jenny Rose said...

I love the Lego cake. BTW, I knew what it was BEFORE you explained. I think I'm going to have to try that!

Auntie A said...

I love my "middle child club" nephew! His personality is contagious and I'm always happy when I'm around him! Next up: Brooke.